Thursday, June 16, 2011

What would you do for a dollar?

  Hi to those that care and have the ability to read, and to those that can't read but wish you could. These are examples of what I get my kids to do for a dollar. Willingly they volunteer and rarely succeed.
  The first is a challenge where they needed to follow the instructions I had to do for physical therapy.
First place your arm in hot water (110 degrees) for 5 minutes then place the same arm in water filled with ice ( roughly on the verge of freezing) for 2.5 minutes. Repeat 3x. This was never accomplished by my clones. Then I raised the bounty to $5 if they could hold their breath as long as I could while putting their head under water in the ice water. Sounds easy but it is rather sober and numbing. Needless to say I walked away with my money.
  The second was a food challenge. For a dollar they had to drink one of three things that I got to choose and in the quantity I chose. Tapatio hot sauce @ 1/4 cup, red whine vinegar @ 1/3 cup or rice vinegar @ 1/3 cup. First taker was my 9 year old for a 1/3 cup red whine vinegar. After 2 tries he succeeded and earned his dollar but not until after 4 false runs to the bathroom to hurl. You make me proud Cale! The other three didn't make it past a sip.
  My daughter then decided she would attempt a 5 dollar bet. At age 11, she was trying to drink a 1/3 cup half red whine vinegar and half Tapatio hot sauce. Doesn't sound like much? She didn't think so either. With roughly a Tbls left, she quit, failed, gave up. So close but yet so far. Love you Morgan! Better luck next time.
 Then my 7 year old tried the same mix. One sip and he folded. Ty, good job on quitting when you knew you were over your head. My 4 year old, well, " no way dad, I'm not doing that!"
  That brings us to this challenge. Another food challenge, well, things in the kitchen used for and next to food. My lovely wife and daughter wanted to go see "Jane Eyre" the movie. "Okay, I will make you guys a drink and if you drink it all you can go". Smiles all around they both agreed. The cocktail included equal parts of: grape juice, maple syrup, red whine vinegar, coffee grounds, molasses, Tapatio hot sauce, spicy brown mustard and horse radish. Yuuummy! They both tried, they both failed. I also tried it to see how good it was and made it no farther than the first sip.
 Just to show that I have a heart, though small, cold and black, I let them go anyway. Yes, you two are welcome.
  When you get the vomit out of your throat, go brush your teeth and use mouthwash. Then be thankful you don't have me around to make your existence better.

No comments:

Post a Comment